Founded in 1884 in Philadelphia, Temple University boasts 17 schools and colleges, over 540 degree programs, and outstanding academic performance in areas such as Business and Management, Sport Business, Film Studies and Psychology. The student number in Temple University is about 40,000 with a student-faculty ration of 14:1.（Offered programs: www.temple.edu/academics/degree-programs）。
In the DBMD program, students will spend three years in NTU's undergraduate program and two years in Temple's graduate program. Upon fulfilling the graduation requirements of the two universities, students will be conferred with both a bachelor's degree from NTU and a master's degree from Temple University in five years. This program benefits students with cultural exchanges in language, academics and, culture alongside with the international competitiveness brought out by the local and global degrees.
Temple University DBMD Program is a university-wide dual degree program undertaken by the OIA. The application must be submitted through NTU with nomination.
Currently enrolled NTU Junior or Senior bachelor student.
Less than three courses to take to achieve graduation requirement.
GPA 3.3 or above (in 4.3 scale)
*Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA while enrolled at Temple.
TOEFL iBT 79 or above/ IELTS Academic 6.5 or above
*For Fox Business School applicants, TOEFL iBT 100 or above/IELTS Academic 7.0/7.5 or above is required.
*For Media and Communications applicants, TOEFL iBT 95 or above/ IELTS Academic 7.0 or above is required.
For Fox Business School applicants, GMAT or GRE report is required with a grade of 65% or above.
Fall 2019 semester (August to December)
Application Submission Deadline: 4pm March 25, 2019
Spring 2020 semester (January to May)
Application Submission Deadline: 4pm October 7, 2019
*Some departments do not accept spring intake. Please look up before applying→DBMD Master Degree Options
Please finish 1. on your own, and then hand in the materials listed in 2. to the OIA. The OIA will deliver your application to Temple University.
- Temple University Online Application Form: https://apply.temple.edu/Global
- Materials to be submitted in hardcopy:
(1) NTU Application Form Form
(2) Individual Study Plan Form
(3) 3 Letters of Recommendation Form, please ask the recommender to seal the letter in a envelope and sign
(4) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
(5) NTU Transcript of Academic Record (in English and sealed. Please apply through Office of Academic Affairs.)
(6) 臺大歷年修課檢視表或應屆畢業生成績審核表 (in Chinese version of MyNTU System)
(7) Proof of English Proficiency
Note: TOEFL or IELTS scores should be forwarded to the Temple University Graduate School electronically (Institutional Code: 2906).
(8) For Fox Business School applicants, GMAT or GRE report is required with a grade of 65% or above.
Note: GMAT or GRE scores should be forwarded to the Temple University Graduate School electronically (Institutional Code: 2906).
(9) I-20Application Form（Application for Certificate of Eligibility）Form
(10) Bank Statement in English or in Chinese/English bilingual format (within 6 months)
- The administrative fee (TWD2,000) needs to be paid while submitting the materials to the OIA. The administrative fee is non-refundable in any circumstance.
NTU: Students are required to pay full tuition and miscellaneous fee of NTU during their stay at Temple University.
Temple University: For the accurate tuition fee of each program, please refer to bursar.temple.edu/tuition-and-fees
Temple University Academic Calendar
Orientation: Student should arrive one week before beginning of semester or as indicated by the school department.
DBMD Master Degree Options: https://www.temple.edu/international/gp/programs/dbmd-master.html
Course Schedule: www.temple.edu/courses
Lodging (approximate): $5,000-$6,000/semester (rent+utilities)
Food cost: Approx. $1,500/semester
Temple University Housing and Residential Life: housing.temple.edu/campus-living/residence-halls/graduate-housing
Off-campus Accommodations: www.temple.edu/provost/international/gp/housing/offcampus-options.html
DBMD students receive merit based scholarships every semester in which they are enrolled, provided they maintain a 3.0 GPA. Students do not need to apply for the scholarship.
- Graduate admission decisions are reviewed by the department in which the student chooses to apply and most decisions are completed within 4-6 weeks after students submit a complete application package to Temple University.
- www.temple.edu/isss (visa information and I-20 application)
Ms. Jean Kao／(02) 3366 2007 ext. 229／email@example.com