- Admission is granted under the status of non-degree-seekingstudent.Please note that the maximum age of participants at the Freiburg Global Exchange Program is 35 years for students as well as for PhD students.
- Areas of study not available to exchange students: Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Molecular Medicine, Psychology.University College Freiburg (UCF)
- Recommendation for exchange students: 24 ECTS points with no up nor down limit.
- PhD students are welcome during regular semester dates and in addition need to hand in a letter of acceptance (“Betreuungszusage”) issued by a Freiburg supervisor.
- Cost of living estimates per month: 800 – 900 EUR per month
• Accommodation: 250 – 400 EUR
• Food: 200 EUR
• Clothes: 50 EUR
• Study materials: 40 EUR
• Public transportation: 94 EUR (Semester ticket valid for 6 months)
• Health insurance: 90 EUR
• Telephone, TV, Internet: 50 EUR
• Miscellaneous: 80-100 EUR
- Language courses for incoming exchange students: Language Teaching Center (SLI)
- Health insurance: All students need proof of sufficient health insurance in order to be enrolled. A German public health insurance plan is mandatory for exchange students. These plans offer maximum coverage and cost approximately 90 EUR per month. The University of Freiburg will not cover any medical bills for students.