- The Freie Universität Berlin offers a range of master's programs. The following programs are open for exchange students without restriction: Modern German Literature, Philosophy and Political Science. All other programs are restricted and need prior approval by the institute / department.
- With few exceptions, all undergraduate programs are open for exchange students.
- Enrolment in the following courses is subject to availability of lab classes and to prior approval by the institute/department: Biochemistry, Bioinformatics and Biology. Restrictions apply in Pharmacy, Law and Economics and Business Administration.
- The Law Department prefers direct exchange students from institutions who also accept law students.
- The School of Business Administration and Economics requires excellent German language skills (at least level B2) for classes taught in German. There is only a varying and very limited number of classes in English.
- Please note that Medicine and Veterinary Medicine are NOT open to exchange students.
- EUR 853/month have to be proven in order to receive a visa
- Exchange students must have comprehensive health insurance valid in Germany for enrolment as a fulltime.