- Students should aim to complete 60 ECTS credits in an academic year; 30 ECTS credits in semester. One ECTS credit equals 27 hours of work, including both lectures and homework. A full year of 60
- Fields not offered at the University of Helsinki: business and engineering.
- The following degree programmes accept only a limited number of exchange students each semester: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Translational Medicine, Urban Studies and Planning.
- Exchange students need to have sufficient prior academic background in the disciplines taught at the receiving Faculty. Within one faculty, they can choose courses from several study programmes. One of the study programmes will be chosen as the host study programme for the student. Students are welcome to choose some courses from other faculties, as well, if they meet the requirements for the courses.
- Please note that some faculties/study programmes offer courses in English mainly on Master's level (suitable for advanced Bachelor students as well): Agriculture and Forestry, Pharmacy, Biological and Environmental Sciences, Geography, Translational Medicine.
- The total monthly living expenses of a single student average from 700 to 1000 euros, depending on your spending habits.
- In addition to the Finnish courses described above, University of Helsinki offers the following language courses for exchange students: Language course for exchange student