- Faculty of Medicine, Phamarcy , & Dentistry are not open to exchange students. Faculty of Business & Accountancy is considerably competitive. Students applying for courses at this faculty must possess good academic performance.
- For Master applications, the application process is similar. However, UM only offer limited courses for students from master level and above. Only the Faculty of Business & Accountancy and Faculty of Economics & Administration are offering courses to exchange students.
- Minimum academic workload: 6 credit per semester
- Estimated cost of living: USD 200-500 per month.(Administration fee: MYR 630,approx. USD 150,per semester)
- The offer of admission to the UM mobility program DOES NOT come with the Student Visa which is strictly required by the Malaysian Immigration Department (MID) for students to enter and study in Malaysia. Application of Visa Approval Letter (VAL) and payment of related immigration charges can be done via the EMGS website. Failure to adhere to the visa application procedures may result in the delay of admission to the University or retraction of admission. Processing time for the visa takes about eight (8) weeks upon submission of complete document.
- Insurance: It is compulsory for student to purchase the local insurance coverage policy from the EMG's appointed panel for the endorsement of students pass.