- 課程資訊請參考Undergraduate Courses by Department及Class Availability
- Academic load: Minimum 12 credits per semester, maximum 18 credits per semester.
- Health Insurance: All international students on F-1 student visas are required to have health insurance while they are enrolled at UH Hilo.
- Estimated cost of living: About $13,000 for one year (includes housing, food, transprtaion, books, insurance, etc)
- Application Deadlines:
- Fall 2021 Semester: April 1, 2021
- Spring 2022 Semester: October 1, 2021
- Academic Requirements:
- B average and one year of college completed.
- Students with a 61 iBT TOEFL, an IELTS score of 5.5, Duolingo 90, or Eiken 2A score will not be required to take ESL classes. Students with lower scores or no scores will be admitted into English Language Institute and required to take the ESL classes that they place into. All ESL classes receive academic credit and appear on the academic transcript.
- Full-time Academic Load:
Minimum: 12 credits per semester
Maximum: 18 credits per semester
One Semester $10,152
Two Semesters $20,304
( Scholarships may be available.)
- Required Student Fees:
- Activity Fee: $247 per semester (Student Life Center, Student Medical Center, student publications and activities). The amount of fees will be confirmed by May for the following academic year.
- Center for Global Education and Exchange Fee: $200 one time (airport pick up, activities, excursions, peer support)
- Orientation: $50 (includes gift bag, informational sessions and special activities -- not required but recommended)
- All international exchange students need to have health insurance coverage while they are studying at UH Hilo.
- You can purchase insurance in your home country, although you will need to provide proof of insurance in English when you arrive.
- University of Hawaii student insurance can also be purchased online. The cost is approximately $1750 per semester. The actual rates will be determined a few months prior to the start of the school year.
- For more information, please check out the website.
- Living Costs:
On-campus: (Estimated based on 2020-21 rates)
- Housing: $1,772-$3,377 per semester. (depending on type of room)
- Food service: $2,352-$2,726 per semester. (depending on meal plan)
Off campus: (Estimated)
- Housing: $550 to $800 per month.
- Personal expenses (food, supplies, transport): $3,125 per semester
The city bus is $1.00 for students with student ID card. Some students choose to buy bicycles which range from $150 to $1,000. Occasionally students buy used cars which can cost from $2,500 and up. Students with cars are legally required to have automobile insurance and a valid Hawaii state driver's licence or a current international driver's license.
- Visa Information :
All exchange students must have a valid passport and an F-1 student visa. The university will provide an I-20 to be used to get the visa from a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Students must bring the I-20 and passport when entering the United States.