- 該校GSP Program Structure請參考此連結
- Academic Credit
GSP students earn University of California academic credit for all campus classes. UC credit is awarded on a quarter "unit" basis, generally considered equivalent to 67% of a US college semester credit. Students who successfully complete GSP academic-prep language classes will be awarded continuing education units credit at a rate of 1 unit per 10 hours of instruction. In general students carry a minimum of 12 units and a maximum of 13 units of approved UC Davis credit courses. Exceptional students may petition to take up to 16 units of approved credit.
- Program Benefits
Global Study Program students are eligible for all UC Davis undergraduate student services, including, but not limited to:
- Pre-arrival course registration in nearly all UC Davis departments
- Internship placement through the Internship and Career Center
- Independent research with professors
- 24/7 access to the library and study rooms
- Use of the state-of-the-art Activities and Recreation Center
- Participation in student sports, clubs, and activities
- Application fee: $200 (waived for Partner Universities)
- 2021-2022 Tuition:
．$7,800 per Quarter
．$11,450 per Semester (1 Summer Session plus 1 quarter, i.e. Summer 2 plus Fall OR Spring plus Summer 1). Semester price includes a $250 discount.
．$23,050 per Academic Year (3 quarters, paid in full in advance). Includes additional $350 discount.
- The tuition and fees payment amounts represent tuition and campus student fees per student.
- Academic Year payments must be paid in full by the payment deadline in order to be eligible for the discount rate (covers 3 academic quarters).
- Tuition and fee rates include a full-time course-load equivalent to 12/13 units per quarter. Course fees are pending the State's final budget and approval by the Regents of the University of California. All fees are subject to change with advance notice.
- Late payment subject to additional $100 fee.
- Payment Arrangements
a) Payment Details for Students
Students will be provided with pricing sheets, due dates, and payment instructions upon confirmation of admission to the Global Study Program. Payments are due prior to the start of each quarter. Course registration will only be confirmed after receipt of payment. Late fees will apply if payment is not received by the start of each quarter.
b) Payment Methods
Students can pay by credit card or wire transfer including Flywire. Students paying by wire transfer should reference the following information.
c) Estimated Expenses
Although individual spending habits vary, we recommend that students budget $3,500 to $4,800 U.S. dollars per academic quarter. The following chart provides a sample breakdown of expenses. Note that the minimum amount required on a financial statement for immigration purposes is: $4,147
< Summary of Estimated Expenses >
‧Housing: $900 - 1200 per month
‧Food / meals: $425 per month
‧Local transportation: University and local public buses are included in student registration fee. A bicycle is a worthwhile expenditure.
‧Academic expenses (e.g., books, stationery): $160-475 per academic quarter
‧Personal items: Varies
‧Campus recreation and activities: Optional sports activities, craft or personal interest classes for $30-130
( Please note the estimated expenses above do not include travel and excursion expenses throughout the United States. If a student is planning on traveling and vacationing during the course of the program they should budget additional funds.)
- UC Davis International Student Health Insurance Plan
This comprehensive plan provides access to high-quality, affordable medical services on-and off-campus. Purchasing this plan does not mean that you receive free medical care. It does mean that the cost of your medical care is significantly reduced -- you pay only a portion of your medical costs and the insurance pays a portion of your medical costs. This is also true of virtually all health insurance plans in the United States. Translated versions of the brochure are available in Korean, Japanese, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish and Turkish. For more information, visit the website.
Any student who already carries equivalent medical insurance coverage may apply for a waiver instead of purchasing this insurance; such students should be prepared to pay in advance for any medical care and seek reimbursement from their insurer. UC Davis policy requires that they have a minimum total coverage of $500,000 and the following provisions:
• Medical benefits of at least $50,000 per accident or illness
• Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
• Expenses associated with medical evacuation in the amount of $10,000
• Deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.