- The following programmes / courses are NOT opened to exchange students:
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
- BSc (Exercise and Health) Programme
- Most final year project courses provided by all facultie
- Students should meet higher entry requirements if they are applying for the below faculties:
- Course Load:
- Students are required to take 24 -30 credits (6 credits per course in general) for each semester.
- 50% of the course load must be chosen from one Faculty (your intended host faculty). It is optional for students to take the remaining credits from other faculties.
- Common Core courses will not count as part of the fulfillment of the 50% requirement of course enrollment for exchange students.
- Except for the Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE), the minimum and maximum course load per semester are 6 and 30 credits respectively. It is optional for students to take the remaining credits from other faculties. However, please ensure that at least 50% belongs to FBE.
- Students admitted to Faculty of Law can choose no more than 6 credits of non-law course (i.e. 1 course) in each semester. For more information, please refer to this Website.
- Health and Travel Insurance Plan:
- Health and travel insurance is optional but highly recommended.
- Students may arrange insurance at their own cost in order to meet their needs for the duration of their studies in Hong Kong.
- The coverage should include provisions for emergency evacuation, rescuer's expenses and repatriation. If you plan to travel outside Hong Kong, you should make sure that your insurance policy covers those destinations as well.
- Registered students are entitled to HKU Group Travel Insurance (Portal login required to read the details) for travelling overseas on activities which are officially arranged by the University.
- Exchange students are NOT allowed to work in Hong Kong under student visa conditions.