- Restriction: Any graduate-level programs; School of Social Work; School of Nursing; School of Education; School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences; School of Information Sciences;School of Pharmacy
- Incoming international exchange students must maintain full-time enrollment, which is at least 12 credit hours. At the University of Pittsburgh, this is typically 4 courses, with each at 3 credit hours. Students should not enroll in more than 18 credit hours. For this reason, it is recommended that students submit at least ten courses at the time of application as a part of the application form. Students ought to provide at 10 courses, in the event that their first choice courses are full. Descriptions of the courses can be found here .
- Prerequisites: Enrollment into courses is contingent upon availability and meeting the prerequisites of the course. As an exchange student, you may not be able to immediately get into the courses, and a review of your transcript by the specified academic department may be necessary in order to receive permission to be enrolled.
- Language Courses (English language courses are EXTREMELY limited )
- Compulsory insurance plan.
All students are required to have health insurance coverage during the time of their exchange terms. All plans, however, must be a U.S.-based plan, purchased through an American company, which meets the minimums required for J-1 visa holders. International insurance plans will not be accepted.
- Estimated cost of living